Original Chapter House
The Delta Theta Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta was chartered on the University of Idaho campus in 1958. In 2018 the Delta Theta Chapter celebrated their 60th year on the University of Idaho Campus.
Chartered on August 26, 1958, the Delta Theta Chapter began with a core group of accomplished young women studying at the University of Idaho, joined by a supportive circle of Alumnae Initiates. In 1959 Delta Theta's Charter Members, along with a new Pledge Class, moved into the "Blake Street House," located on the site now occupied by the Lionel Hampton Music Building.
Current Chapter House
Our Current Chapter House, built in 1967 at 727 Nez Perce Drive, is prominently centered upon Idaho's "New Greek Row".
Generations became women of Alpha Gamma Delta in these houses, regarded now by over a thousand women as their home away from home, holding a special place in the hearts of all. Recently, every floor of our "house on the hill" has been renovated thanks to the Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity Housing Corporation! Our Collegiate Members continue to grow in the love of our Sisterhood our Alumnae Members carry with them every day.
In April 2015, a unanimous vote of the collegiate and Alumnae membership transitioned management and oversight of the chapter house to the Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC). We couldn't be more excited about this decision, especially with changes the FHC orchestrated in the short 3 months of the 2015 summer break and in the years since! Our collegiate women now have a beautiful contemporary home with new touches of Alpha Gamma Delta creating special spaces in which to share their Sisterhood!